Running a successful Raffle is a team effort at each school. The roles below are intended as a minimum expectation of activity between partner schools and Catholic United Financial staff. If you have questions, please contact Raina at 800-568-6670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
One raffle coordinator per school
Manage the ticket distribution
Track sold, unsold and lost ticket numbers
Coordinate the ticket stubs and money that are returned
Match dollars collected with ticket stub amount
Return all unused tickets to the Catholic United Financial via the pre-approved delivery service (DO NOT MAIL) or the local Sales Representative
Report lost ticket numbers to Catholic United Financial
Supervise final receipt of all money
Encourage students to sell more tickets to help earn the classroom pizza party
Keep track of tickets and money students are responsible for
Make sure all unused tickets get returned to the raffle coordinator
Plan and conduct a meeting to introduce Catholic United and explain the raffle
Interface between the Home Office and the community
Manage the raffle coordinators
Deliver prizes to winners within 4 weeks of the Raffle prize drawing ceremony
Supply flyers, posters, and tickets
Execute prize ceremony on March 12, 2020
Notify winners with contact information provided on ticket stub
1. ELIGIBILITY – An entrant to the Catholic United Financial 2019 Catholic Schools Raffle (this Raffle) must be a natural person 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States (excluding its territories, overseas military installations and commonwealths) at the time of entry. Employees of Catholic United Financial (the Association), its affiliates, subsidiaries, members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, children, parents and siblings of the aforementioned employees) and all other persons residing in homes of said families are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER – To enter this Raffle, purchase a Raffle ticket from a designated school Raffle representative. (Raffle tickets can only be sold and purchased within the state limits of Minnesota, North Dakota or South Dakota.) Write all the required information on the ticket stub and give the stub to the designated school representative with payment by cash or check. Payment by credit or debit card is not accepted. Make checks payable to the school selling the ticket(s). DO NOT make checks payable to Catholic United Financial. (All proceeds from this Raffle stay with the schools selling the tickets; none go to the Association.) Only one Raffle ticket needs to be purchased to enter this Raffle, but there is no limit to the number of times a person can enter. Entrants may only win one (1) prize in this Raffle.
3. CONTEST PERIOD – The ticket selling period for this Raffle begins at 12:01 A.M. on January 17, 2020 and ends at 11:59 P.M. on March 1, 2020.
4. ADMINISTRATION – The Association and its agencies shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries. If the administration or integrity of this Raffle is compromised or corrupted at any time, the Association reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel this Raffle. (CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any aspect of this Raffle or undermine its legitimate operation is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Association reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.)
5. DRAWING – Winners will be selected in a random drawing at 11 a.m. on Thursday, March 12, 2020 by a representative (or designee) of the Association at its Corporate Office in Arden Hills, Minnesota. Winners need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by the Association via telephone, electronic mail (email) or United States Postal Service mail on or about March 12, 2020. Each winner will have fourteen (14) days from notification to accept their prize per the requirements in Section 9: REQUIREMENTS OF WINNERS. The Association and its agencies shall not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. AWARDING OF PRIZES – One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected and will receive their choice of (A) a 2020 Buick Encore automobile or (B) Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000) in cash. Other prizes will be awarded as stated on the front of the Raffle ticket. All prizes will be awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. No substitution, exchange or transfer of prizes or cash equivalent (except in the case of the Grand Prize, as stated above) is permitted by the winners. The Association reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for any and all taxes, fees, and surcharges on any prize awarded, including federal, state and local income taxes. The Association will, however, withhold amounts from prizes as required by applicable federal and state laws.
7. DELIVERY OF PRIZES – The Association will ship/deliver all prizes to their respective winners, except in the case of the Grand Prize, where, if the Chevrolet Trax automobile is selected, the Grand Prize Winner will take delivery at a dealership designated by the Association.
8. RELEASE – By entering this Raffle, entrant releases the Association and any of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this drawing or acceptance, use of or inability to use, or participation in or inability to participate in this drawing, or use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
9. REQUIREMENTS OF WINNERS – Winners will be required to complete and return to the Association: 1) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release from Liability, and 2) an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Form W-9, within fourteen (14) days of receipt of such documents from the Association. Failure to do so will result in disqualification and the selection of (an) alternate winner(s). Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify a winner’s consent to the use of his/her name, address (city and state only), voice and/or photograph for commercial, advertising and promotional purposes by the Association without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
10. CLAIMS – By entering this Raffle, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Raffle Rules. The laws of the State of Minnesota apply to and govern this Raffle, and any claims must be raised and resolved in the State of Minnesota.
11. LIST OF WINNERS – Raffle winners will be posted on the Association website (www.catholicunitedfinancial.org) on or after March 12, 2020. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Raffle Winners, Catholic United Financial, 3499 Lexington Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55126, or email email@example.com.
12. COPYRIGHT – This Raffle and all accompanying materials are Copyright © 2020 Catholic United Financial. All rights reserved. All prizes logos, service marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owner(s).
13. OBTAINING RAFFLE RULES – To obtain a written copy of the rules for this Raffle, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Raffle Rules, Catholic United Financial, 3499 Lexington Ave. N., St. Paul, MN 55126, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. LICENSE – This Raffle is conducted pursuant to Minnesota Lawful Gambling Exempt Permit #X-93077, which expires on March 12, 2020.
15. PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE – If you have a gambling problem, you may call 1-800-333-HOPE for help.
Catholic United Financial is a member of the
American Fraternal Alliance
Copyright © 2019 Catholic United Financial. Catholic United Financial is not licensed in all states. Nothing contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for insurance, financial products or annuity products in any state in which Catholic United Financial is not licensed. Catholic United Financial is licensed to sell insurance in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, and South Dakota. View our Privacy Statement. Catholic United Financial is not permitted to give tax or legal advice. The information given is based on our understanding and interpretation of laws and regulations currently in effect. You may wish to consult your personal tax or legal advisor with questions about your specific situation.